From Animal Simulation Laboratory Wiki
This site has been set up to allow members of the laboratory to set up their own pages quickly and easily and to allow rapid dissemination of news. The main Animal Simulation web site is at: http://www.animalsimulation.org
29th October 2011
The new version of GaitSym has just been released. Hop over to http://www.animalsimulation.org to download it. It's much faster for big models and you can now play around with PID control and calculate true moment arms. Plus it handles some more complicated joint options too.
30th June 2011
Well it's out. Our long-awaited paper on pigmentation in fossil birds: Trace Metals as Biomarkers for Eumelanin Pigment in the Fossil Record. This has been a long time coming and represents almost 4 years of work. And we've got a few more things up our collective sleeves too.
2nd June 2011
Catch Bill Sellers demonstrating GaitSym on Meet the Elephant Man tonight on Channel 4. There's a nice interview in the Manchester Evening News and you can read about the show on the Discovery Channel web site. This is the first time that GaitSym has been used to produce a person specific reconstruction of a pathological gait. It's womething we've been considering for a while and this proved to be a fantastic opportunity to showcase the technology. The high performance computing was provided curtesy of DEISA (Distributed European Infrastructure for Supercomputing Applications).
1st February 2011
27th January 2011
One of the ASL film clips has gone viral! It's the clip of one of the gorillas at Port Lympne walking bipedally. There's a nice article about it on the Daily Mail website and here's the youtube video location. Port Lympne have added a particularly stirring background theme tune.
- If you just want to look around then just use the navigation tools or the links on this page. No need to log in.
- If you want to see who is on the Wiki click the Community Portal link.
- If you want to see recent activities click the Current Events link.
- If you want to edit something then just log on and get editing. Click here to login
- If you want an account so you can edit things then contact the Administrator.
- If you want to add new pages then you will also need to contact the Administrator.
The members of the Animal Simulation Laboratory with pages on this wiki are: